Blogging Again!
Last Sunday, I posted this on Facebook,
At the time, I was a bit rattled by my son Matthew who I love and respect a lot. He was upset and has been upset since Trump won the election. I live with my son and his wife, Chasity. It is an economic necessity at this point because of health and income issues that hit me badly last year. It is also hard on all of us because we are a group of strong minded and very different individuals and it is not easy to live in a small house with three adults. It is also a weird role reversal, having to abide by the rules of another household even one run by a decent kid and his wife is not a walk in the park. That fact alone would make it a challenge but the really hard part is coping with my son's angst over the current political landscape.
To the point now, it hit me that I would be much better off if I started getting involved in a project that would get me thinking and focusing on something else rather than stewing in my own juices!

So the above tidbit is from August of 2017. Now, it is November of 2020.
Amazing, I'm still alive but my life has chnged a bit. I'm a lot older, live with my younger son, am following the new reality brought to us by the Covid 19 Pandemic. 

My business, the Irish Arts and Entertainment ceased earning a profit so I have had to contend with rebuilding that important part of my life.

2021 will be a year of change. Business will prosper again. I intend to move from South Carolina. Possibly, a year in Europe and then a relocation to Ohio for the rest of my days. God Willing, I will end up there (Ohio) in a little town with a dog and garden!

Happy Thanksgiving to All. Please check out my All Things Irish Blog as that is where I plan on posting most of my comments for awhile.
Jim McDonough
Conway, SC


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions without the breastplate

Monday Again! ALL THINGS IRISH